At St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, safeguarding our children is a priority.
- ALL staff and volunteers make and maintain positive and supportive relationships with children which enable children to feel safe and valued
- Safeguarding has a high status throughout school by being on the agenda at staff meetings/briefings, information being readily available on notice boards, regular updates
- ALL staff feel confident in approaching DSLs to raise concerns
- ALL staff and volunteers have an understanding of the four categories of abuse; NEGLECT, EMOTIONAL ABUSE, SEXUAL ABUSE, PHYSICAL ABUSE.
- All concerns regarding Abuse are logged on CPOMs
- Any incidents of concern around behaviour are logged on CPOMs
- Any disclosures immediately to the Designated Senior Officer for Safeguarding. In school this is the Head teacher, Ms Hind . If the Head teacher is absent then incidents are reported to the deputy DSP. In school this is the Deputy Head teacher, Miss Murphy. If neither members of staff are available then incidents are reported to Miss Hunter. This is then recorded on CPOMs.