At St Patrick’s Primary School we believe that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment is a unique and vital contributor to a child’s physical development and well being. A broad and balanced physical education curriculum is intended to provide for children increasing self-confidence in their ability to manage themselves and their bodies within a variety of movement situations.
At St Patrick’s Primary School we believe physical education should be an area of learning where self-esteem, physical progression and positive attitudes are fostered and nurtured. Physical Education provides all children with the opportunity to succeed, whether through personal or team success. Physical Education also promotes a healthy lifestyle which children can develop and value into adulthood.
Aim of our P.E. Curriculum
- Foster a love for and enjoyment of being active.
- Develop ‘fitness for life’ through promoting the health benefits of regular exercise.
- Identify talents
- Develop self esteem, confidence and social skills.
- Contribute to the physical development of every child.
- Give children a way of expressing themselves and an opportunity to be creative.
- Develop a range of skills that can be applied in other contexts.
- Give children the opportunity to try out activities that they would not otherwise have access to.